The course welcomes all vocalists who are interested in developing their jazz technique. The course will be taught by BBC award-winning vocalist Anita Wardell. She will be joined by Robin Aspland (piano), Flo Moore (bass) & Tristan Mailliot (drums).
The course takes place at the Vortex Jazz Club, in North London, from Friday 3rd to Sunday 5th November, with a concert on Saturday evening.
There is a mixture of group work and individual coaching. Topics will include:
- Technique and breathing.
- Improvisation and scat singing.
- Performance techniques.
- Rhythm and feel.
- Song preparation with piano, bass and drums.
- Friday and Saturday, 10.30am-4.30pm: Classes run with a one-hour lunch break.
- Sunday, 12.30pm-5.00pm: Classes continue.
- The course concludes with an evening concert at the Vortex Jazz Club at 8.15 pm.
- Each of the participating vocalists will have the opportunity to perform a song, accompanied by the rhythm section.
- Anita will also perform one set with her quartet, featuring material from her recent and forthcoming CDs.
The program is completed by a question and answer session where participants can quiz tutors about any aspect of jazz performance.
The Course Fee is £210.
A deposit of £80 is payable at the time of booking to secure your place. If you prefer you can pay the whole Fee.
The balance of the Course Fee must be received no later than 10 days prior to the course start date. Your booking may be cancelled and the Deposit retained if the balance is not received by this date.
Refund & Cancellation Policy
If you cancel up to 10 days prior to the Course start date then any Fees paid, less an administrative charge of £30 will be refunded. If you cancel within 10 days of the course start date, then no refund will be made. You can however nominate a person to take your place on the course.
Terms & Conditions
For the full Terms & Conditions including the Cancellation policy please read our Terms & Conditions.